Showing all 4 results
What Do You Know About Alprazolam?
Alprazolam is an oral tablet medication that is widely used in the United States. It is a generic version, for it’s a brand name, Xanax. Alprazolam is one of the most popularly prescribed psychiatric medications in the United States. It is a generic form which makes it a bit cheaper. However, the brand versions are available in different dosages and types of strengths.
These tablets are also available in immediate-release and an extended-release form. People are advised not to take these forms of Alprazolam as a basic need for pain relief. The extended-release version of Alprazolam is only prescribed for managing the condition of panic disorder. The drug, Alprazolam, also comes in the form of a solution.
All kinds of Alprazolam are prescribed to be taken by mouth. People are advised to seek recommendations as per the type of the drug that you are prescribed. Do not take any form of Alprazolam by yourself, as it may result in severe side effects.
What is The Use Of Alprazolam?
The everyday use of Alprazolam is to manage disorders like – anxiety and panic attacks. Along with this, doctors also prescribe Alprazolam as a short-term treatment for the emerging symptoms of – anxiety or depression. It has been reported that depression may occur firstly as a sign of anxiety disorder.
People should know that everyday stress or tension is not said to be treated using Alprazolam. The problems that a person faces on a day-to-day basis are not held to be treated using any medicine. Doctors may also prescribe Alprazolam as a part of combinational therapy. Furthermore, you may be asked to take Alprazolam tablets in combination with other drugs.
Alprazolam Dosage –
When a person starts with the use of Alprazolam, at first, you need to be sure about the dose suitable for your health. Alprazolam is available in a variety of doses that are prescribed to a person depending upon the physical and mental condition. The dosage pattern that is prescribed to a patient depends upon some factors. Like –
- Age of the person
- Personal health condition
- The severity of the disorder
- The way your body reacts to the medicine
As we told you above, Alprazolam is available in extended-release and immediate-release form of the drug. These tablets should only be prescribed to a patient after consulting with a health expert.
The initial doses of Alprazolam come in the strength – 0.25mg, 0.5mg, and 1mg. These are primarily prescribed for treating anxiety, depression, and occurring symptoms of panic attacks. Gradually you may increase the dose of Alprazolam on a weekly basis. However, that shall only proceed under the supervision of a medical professional. The maximum limit of dosage that is allowed for patients is 4mg. You must not exceed above the maximum strength as it may result in dangerous side effects.
Side Effects Of Alprazolam –
Patients who take Alprazolam by following the prescription format will not get affected by the side effects of the drug. It may not be necessary that every person will develop an aftereffect with the use of Alprazolam.
The side effects of Alprazolam are listed below –
- Feeling tired
- Getting drowsy
- Lack of coordination
- Slurred speech
- Memory retention problems
- Feeling anxious
- Depressed mood
- Suicidal thoughts
- Confusion in making decisions
- Uncontrolled muscle movements
- Rapid heartbeats
- Fluttering in the chest
These are some of the side effects that may happen to take place due to any reason. Most of the time, these side effects occur at the early start of the dosage. To stay safe from the harmful side effects of Alprazolam, you must take it as per the guidelines mentioned on the prescription label.
Precautionary Measures For The Use Of Alprazolam –
Patients who are about to start with the dose of Alprazolam must know about the following precautions –
- It can be dangerous to buy Alprazolam from street vendors. It is so because they may deal with fake quality products and sell them at the same market price or cheaper than that.
- Do not take Alprazolam for a regular dosage of stress or tension caused on an everyday basis. Most of the time, we face pressure due to the lifestyle we have adopted for ourselves.
- The use of Alprazolam is strictly restricted to pregnant ladies. It is so as the drug may get transferred inside the body of the unborn. As a result of it, there may occur symptoms of withdrawal at the time of birth.
- Patients who are prescribed the use of Alprazolam must not exceed the time period for dosage. If you continue using Alprazolam after completing the course of duration for which you were prescribed its usage, chances are you may get dependent upon the drug.
- Patients must not abuse the drug by taking it in a more massive amount. Alprazolam is a habit-forming drug that may make you addicted to the use of it.
- Do not overdose on the use of Alprazolam as it can cause severe side effects to your health. Doing so may even result in fatal consequences and sometimes even death.
- Patients are not allowed to drink alcohol in any form. You may feel dizzier as a side effect of it. Also, the drug may increase the impact of alcohol that you have taken alongside with the drug.
- Keep Alprazolam away from the reach of children. Especially, do not let a drug abuser take this drug in any amount.