Showing the single result
What is Chloroquine?
Scientists throughout the world are looking for ways to combat COVID-19. They are testing different medicines to figure out what treatment might reduce the symptoms of COVID-19 or slow its spread. Chloroquine is one of the options they are currently exploring.
Chloroquine is a medicine that helps treat or prevent malaria. Recently the Food and Drug Administration of the USA also approved the use of Chloroquine to treat patients with the mild to moderate symptoms of COVID-19.
This drug’s primary use is to treat malaria, a disease resulting from a parasite entering your body through the bite of a mosquito. While it is a popular medicine, and you can easily buy Chloroquine online, it might not be effective against all malaria strains. In some regions of the world, malaria-causing parasites became resistant to the effects of this drug. You should follow the updated guidelines of the United States Centers for Disease Control to determine which areas of the world this medicine can be useful.
Doctors often also prescribe Chloroquine for treating amebiasis – an infection caused by amoebae.
How to use Chloroquine?
Try to follow your doctor’s instructions while using this drug. It is best to stick to the prescription. Your doctor will determine the optimal dose for you based on your age, the severity of your condition, any other mental or physical issue that you might have, so avoid altering your dosage.
Chloroquine for preventing malaria
Start the treatment two weeks before going to the place where this disease is common. Take it once per week on the same day every week. Keep using this drug during your stay. Don’t stop consuming it for at least eight weeks after leaving the hazardous area.
Chloroquine for treating malaria
Doctors typically give one high dose, and for the next two days, they will prescribe to take smaller doses.
Chloroquine for treating amebiasis
Doctors recommend a high starting dose for the first two days. The treatment continues for 2-3 weeks with smaller doses. They might also give other medicines to prevent further infection.
Chloroquine for COVID-19
This medicine helps combat the coronavirus infection symptoms such as fever and inflammation. It can also inhibit the virus responsible for COVID-19. Doctors determine the dosage of this drug depending on the severity of symptoms, and treatment duration also varies among individuals.
What to know before using Chloroquine?
You can easily buy Chloroquine online and use it for your problems, but before you do that, there are things you should know about that can affect how this medicine works.
- Store this drug at room temperature and away from heat, light, and moisture.
- Other medicines, when mixed with it, can cause undesirable effects.
- Several physical and mental health problems can change how your body will respond to it.
- It might affect the blood sugar of people with diabetes.
- This drug can make a person more sensitive to the sun.
- Consult a doctor before using it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Older people are more prone to experience its side effects.
- It might also cause complications in surgery. Inform the doctor about using it before undergoing the procedure.
- Use it for the entire prescribed duration, even if the disease symptoms disappear quickly.
What are the side effects of Chloroquine?
Chloroquine side effects can range from mild to severe based on your dosage and other factors. Usually, the mild symptoms do not require any medical attention, but you should reach out for help if you experience severe adverse symptoms of this medicine.
Common side effects
- Muscle weakness
- Temporary hair loss
- Changes in hair color
- Abdominal cramps
- Blurred vision
Severe side effects
- Mood changes
- Hearing changes
- Uncontrolled muscle movement
- Liver disease
- Unusual tiredness
- Darkening of skin inside the mouth
- Serious infection
- Increased sun sensitivity
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of ankles or legs