Showing the single result
What is Colcrys?
Colcrys, also known as colchicine, is a prescription medication that helps treat gout and Behcet’s disease in adults. This medicine changes the way the body reacts to uric acid crystals, which reduces pain and swelling. In recent times, this drug is also emerging as a potential defensive tool against the ever-spreading COVID-19.
A study conducted in Greek shows that Colcrys appears to improve clinical outcomes. This drug looks promising in the preliminary research, but more studies will unveil this medication’s true potential in the fight against COVID-19.
Colcrys is not a new drug; doctors are using it for decades, so it is easy to get your hand on this medicine. If you want to try it, you easily can, but make sure to consult a doctor about the potential side effects and whether it will be beneficial for your condition before you try to buy Colcrys online or at a local pharmacy.
Use of Colcrys against COVID-19
The findings of a Greek study (GRECCO-19) suggest that Colcrys may have potential as a treatment agent for COVID-19. The study included 105 patients hospitalized with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection, among which 55 received this drug while 50 patients received usual care.
Those 55 who get Colcrys on a random basis were less likely to experience severe health complications within three weeks after they took medicine or until discharge. In contrast, those who did not consume this drug not shown any such advantage.
The study’s data indicates that only 1.8% of those who get this medicine experience health complications, in contrast with 14% of those who only get usual care.
Though it can reduce health complications, this drug does nothing to impact the primary biochemical markers significantly. Patients do not report improvement in their cardiac and inflammatory biomarkers after taking this medicine. Still, more research is required to understand how this medicine affects the body to reduce the complications.
The authors of GRECCO-19 did not state it to be conclusive proof of Colcrys’ effectiveness against COIVD-19. They noted that these observations are hypothesis-generating. With this in mind, one should not look at this study and believe that this medicine is a cure for COIVD-19 because the data set is too small to make accurate large scale predictions.
While this study’s conclusions might not be concrete, the fact that this medicine worked on those people in the trial signifies its usefulness in fighting COVID-19 infection. With more research, the doctors will get a better picture of how they can use it to treat their patients better. Meanwhile, if you want to use this medicine, you can easily order Colcrys online. But, try to use it only under professionals’ supervision to avoid encountering its adverse effects.
What to know before using Colcrys?
Before you buy Colcys online and start using it, try learning about what it can do to your body that might positively or adversely affect your health. It is a potent drug, and taking proper precautions can save you from experiencing its harmful effects. Take a look at the following info before you start using this medicine.
- It might contain inactive ingredients that can trigger your allergies. Ask the doctor or pharmacist about its composition before you consume it.
- People with a history of kidney or liver problems should not use this drug without consulting a healthcare professional.
- This medicine can change how the body absorbs some nutrients and food (especially vitamin B12).
- It can cause complications during surgery. Make to tell the doctor if you recently consumed this medicine before undergoing surgery.
- Older people are more susceptible to this medication’s adverse effects. Control their dosage strictly to minimize their risk of exposure to the harmful effects.
- It can adversely affect sperm production, which might affect a person’s ability to father a child. Try consulting a doctor before using this medicine.
- Several medical conditions can alter the functioning of this drug and cause harmful effects on the body. Ask a healthcare professional if this medicine is safe for you if you have a physical or mental health problem.
- Other prescription and over the counter drugs can also interact with it to cause undesirable results. Make sure to tell the doctor about the medications you are using before starting treatment with this medicine.
- Avoid using it if you are pregnant without consulting a doctor. This medicine might harm the unborn baby’s health, so only use it during pregnancy if your doctor recommends it.
- Avoid using this medicine if you are breastfeeding because it might also pass into breastmilk and cause undesirable effects on the infant’s health.
Side effects of Colcrys
Look out for the Colcrys side effects while using it. This medicine can cause undesirable effects if not taken properly, so follow your doctor’s advice while consuming it. Usually, the symptoms are mild and don’t require medical attention, but it is good to inform the doctor about this drug’s side effects that you face.
Common side effects
- Abdomen pain
Severe side effects
- Muscle damage
- Muscle weakness
- Muscle pain
While the occurrence of severe side effects is rare, your risk of facing them might increase if you order Colcrys online and use it without consulting a doctor. The severe symptoms can be life-threatening, so call 911 right away to get immediate medical assistance.
Several drugs and medical conditions can interact with this Colcrys functioning to cause adverse effects. These might reduce this medicine’s effectiveness or blocks it entirely. To get this medication’s maximum benefits, make sure to consult a doctor about the possible interactions this medicine can have with other drugs and health problems.
The following are the drugs that can interact with Colcrys:
- HIV or AIDS drugs – Saquinavir, Ritonavir, Nelfinavir, Lopinavir, Indinavir, Fosamprenavir, Darunavir, or Atazanavir
- Cholesterol-lowering medications
Colcrys can interact with the following medical conditions:
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
These are not all the medicines and health issues that can alter this medication’s working. Try to follow your doctor’s guidelines or go through the medication guide you get when you buy Colcrys online to avoid these harmful effects.