Showing the single result
What is Dexamethasone?
Dexamethasone is a corticosteroid medicine used to treat various conditions due to its anti-inflammatory and immune-suppressant effects. This drug’s anti-inflammatory effects also make it a prime candidate for possible treatment of COVID-19. Studies are underway around the world to determine this medicine’s effectiveness in treating people infected with SARS-CoV-2.
Tests conducted in hospitalized COVID-19 patients in the United Kindong’s national clinical trial shows that Dexamethasone can be beneficial for critically ill patients. Data indicates that this medicine can also reduce the mortality rate by upto one third for people on ventilators, and upto one fifth for those who only require supplementary oxygen.
The tests are still going on, but this drug’s prospects are looking bright. It is not clear if this medicine can help a person to avoid getting infected with SARS-CoV-2. If you want to try this drug, you can easily buy Dexamethasone online after consulting your doctor.
Use of Dexamethasone against COVID-19
The preliminary research indicates that this medicine can significantly improve the mortality rate among COVID-19 patients, especially those receiving some breathing assistance—people on ventilators and those getting oxygen experience the most positive response to this medication.
A randomized study conducted in 6425 hospitalized patients with COVID-19 also seems to corroborate the preliminary findings. In this study, researchers randomly assigned patients to get oral or injection of Dexamethasone (upto 6mg once a day) for ten days or only usual care.
From 6425 patients, 2104 received Dexamethasone, while the remaining 4321 receive usual care. After 28 days of the study period, 482 or 22.9% of patients in the Dexamethasone group died compared to 1110 (25.7%) in the usual care group. The death rate also varies significantly among different age groups, and according to the level of respiratory support, the patient was getting.
In all the cases, death incidence was considerably lower in the group receiving Dexamethasone than the group that only received usual care. However, it is vital to know that this mortality difference was only present in patients receiving respiratory assistance, either ventilator or oxygen supply. Those who were not on any respiratory support system shows virtually no improvement in the death rate under this study.
This drug is also on the WHO’s Model List of Essential Medicines (EML) since 1977 because of its effectiveness in treating various conditions. It helps people with COVID-19 due to its ability to reduce the cytokine related lung injury that is among the significant problems in people infected with SARS-CoV-2.
This medicine is readily available in tablet, liquid, or injection form. Whether you want to buy Dexamethasone online or offline, you can get your preferred type without any problem. Do remember that though authorities like FDA and WHO approve this medicine for use against various diseases, its effectiveness in fighting COVID-19 is still under research. So, consider talking with a doctor before you order Dexamethasone online to start using it for SARS-CoV-2 infection.
What to know before using Dexamethasone?
Plenty of things can affect how this medicine can work on your body. Consuming it without taking proper precautions might open you up to this drug’s severe harmful effects. If you plan on using this medicine, please take a look at the information provided below:
- Avoid using this drug if you have a fungal infection anywhere on your body.
- Several medical conditions can increase this medicine’s side effects. Tell the doctor about any physical or mental health issues that you might have before starting treatment with this drug.
- This drug can weaken your body’s immune system and make you more prone to infections, or worsen the existing illnesses. Avoid using this medicine if you had gotten infected within the past few weeks.
- It can decrease the efficiency of live vaccines, so try not to get vaccinated while using it without consulting with the doctor.
- Be careful about what other medications you are using with it. Many drugs can result in harmful effects when mixed with this medicine.
- Prolonged use of this medication makes it hard for your body to respond to physical stress. If you are to undergo surgery, make sure to tell the surgeon about using this medicine, as it can cause complications during the procedure.
- Mixing this drug with alcohol can worsen its side effects.
- It can slow down a child’s growth, so don’t let children consume this medication without consulting a doctor.
- This medicine is also not suitable to use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. It can pass into the fetus/infant through body fluids and cause significant harm to their health.
Side effects of Dexamethasone
Dexamethasone side effects can vary from person to person. Most people might not even get a single adverse symptom and those who do rarely get the extreme discomfort associated with this medicine’s use. The adverse effects can range from mild to severe, with some occurring more frequently than others.
Common side effects
- High blood pressure
- High blood glucose
- Low potassium levels
- Upset stomach
Severe side effects
- Unusual tiredness
- Blood in stool or urine
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Allergic reaction
- Muscle aches
- Joint pain
- Personality changes
- Difficulty breathing
- Frequent infections
- Thinning of bones (osteoporosis)
The severe adverse symptoms often require immediate medical assistance, so if you get any of those, call 911 right away. A person’s risk of experiencing this medicine’s harmful effects also increases when they order Dexamethoasone online and use it without consulting with a healthcare professional.
Dexamethasone can interact with the following medication to produce potentially harmful effects:
- Antifungal drugs
- Blood thinners
- Cholesterol drugs
- Cushing’s syndrome’s drugs
- Diabetes drugs
- Epilepsy drugs
- Heart drugs
- HIV drugs
- Tuberculosis drugs
These are not all the medicines that interact with this drug. Consult your doctor about other medications that can cause harmful effects when mixed with this medicine.
The following are the medical conditions that can interact with Dexamethasone to cause adverse results:
- Liver disease
- Thyroid disorder
- Muscle disorder like myasthenia gravis
- Herpes infection of eyes
- Stomach ulcers
- Depression or other methal health issues
- Congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure
Make sure to consult a doctor before using this medicine if you have any of the illnesses mentioned above.