Showing all 2 results
What do you know about Meridia?
Meridia is a drug that is taken by the patients who are obese and are recommended for the use of it. The generic name for Meridia is Sibutramine which was withdrawn from the US market in the year 2010. This drug works by affecting the chemicals present inside the brain, which will, in turn, have to affect on the weight maintenance.
It is important to know that Meridia shall be taken along with proper diet and regular exercise. The diet should be maintained as per the advice of a dietician. If a person wants to control his/her weight in less time, then it is mandatory to follow the diet chart, take medicine on the prescribed time, and do regular exercise.
There can be many causes related to obesity that can make a person seriously ill and may also have a risk of life. Meridia is given to patients who are suffering from obesity and problems related to it, such as – diabetes, high blood pressure, or a high percentage of cholesterol in the body.
Are there any side effects of Meridia?
As we know, taking a drug without a prescribed dosage can be harmful to the health of a person, there have been reports that say – taking a prescribed dose of Meridia will also result into dangerous side effects.
People who buy Meridia without knowing that it too has side effects are at a greater risk of getting affected by the harmful aftereffects of the medicine.
The intake of Meridia can be deadly at times due to the way it affects your body. There have been cases where patients have suffered due to the aftereffects of Meridia.
The side effects of Meridia are listed below –
- Stomach upset
- Stomach pain
- Back pain and joint pain
- Feeling nervous
- Sore throat
- Trouble in falling asleep
- Allergy and skin rashes
- Feeling less hunger
- Feeling depressed
These may not be the whole of the side effects that a person may come across after having Meridia. There are other serious side effects of Meridia, which will have a negative impact on a person’s health is not taken as per the guidelines.
Some of the severe side effects that may occur are –
- Uneven heartbeats
- Falling short of breath
- Dilated pupils and blurry vision
- Muscle stiffness
- High fever
- Very high blood pressure
- Chest pain that may transfer to the arm and shoulder
A person who is taking a regular dose of Meridia should know that these severe side effects may occur even when you are taking it as per the prescription. If you see that these side effects are getting worse, inform your doctor about it, and get the solution for it.
What precautions should I take while using Meridia?
A patient, before starting with the use of Meridia should take precautions to stay away from the harmful side effects of the drug. Some of the necessary precautions that you should take are given below –
- Take Meridia in the right amount and not before time. Follow the directions provided by your health expert.
- Do not take a large amount of Meridia drug as it can damage your internal organs.
- Doctors mainly prescribe Meridia for one time in a day. However, if you have not taken Meridia before, take medical advice from your doctor.
- Intake of Meridia is only prescribed for a period of 3-4 weeks. You should not be taking the drug more than the permitted time.
- Keep a check on your blood pressure and pulse rate. For a quick response, visit your doctor on a regular basis.
- People who are prescribed the use of Meridia are allowed to take the drug. Without a genuine prescription, Meridia will be harmful.