What is The Drug Ambien Used For?
Ambien is a prescription medication and a brand name of Zolpidem. This type of drug mostly prescribed for the short-term treatment of insomnia (sleep problem) at the lowest possible dose. Ambien may be helpful for both improving sleep onset and staying asleep.
It is a U.S. FDA approved the medication for short-term use and not for use for more than 6 weeks.
What Are The Side Effects Of Ambien?
Ambien may cause some adverse effects due to misuse or overuse of the drug. There are some common and less common side effects of Ambien.
- Muscle aches
- Runny nose
These effects do not need any special treatment as they disappear slowly during the procedure.
- Back pain
- Being forgetful
- Body aches or pain
- Difficulty having a bowel movement
- Double vision
- Problem with moving
- Double vision
- The feeling of the constant flow of surrounding
- Longer or heavier menstrual period
- Loss of memory
- Unusual drowsiness tiredness, dullness, weakness
- Voice changes
- An evil, unpleasant or unexpected taste
- Blemishes on the skin
- Blurred vision
- Breast pain
- Change in vision
- Change in rhythms and patterns of speech
- Decreased interest in sexual intercourse
- Difficulty in focusing
- Increased sweating and appetite
- Heightened sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- Itching of the vagina or genital area
- Loss or lack of strength
- The decline in sexual ability
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Redness or discoloration of the skin
- Redness of the neck, face arms, and upper chest.
If you feel any of these effects during the treatment, take immediate medical help.
Is Ambien A Narcotic?
Ambien is a prescription medication for the short-term treatment of sleep problems. It is not classified as a narcotic in the U.S. It is a class IV substance on par with other prescription medicines. This medication is a sedative medication, also known as hypnotic but not a Narcotic.
What Sleeping Pill Works Better Than Ambien?
Ambien is a prescription medication for the short-term (for 1 t 6 weeks) management of sleep problems. Ambien is the best medication as it is an FDA approved treatment for insomnia, but we cannot compare it with other drugs. The quality of medicines depends on their use and prescription.
Use duration is only a significant difference between Ambien and other pills. You are advised to take medical help before taking Ambien or other medicines.
Does Ambien Help With Anxiety?
Ambien is a prescription medication primarily for the short-term treatment of insomnia (sleep problem). In some cases, it can be used for the treatment of anxiety but only on a high recommendation of professionals.
Ambien may be useful in case of sleep problems caused by anxiety. It is also possible that the symptoms of stress due to sleeplessness starts occurring and for which Ambien may be a proper treatment.
Can I Take Ambien Every Night?
Not at all. Ambien is a highly addicting and dangerous medication that does not provide good restorative sleep. The U.S. FDA approved Ambien for the management of sleep problems (insomnia) but as a short-term treatment, which means you cannot use it for more than 6 weeks. Taking Ambien daily for more than 6 weeks may cause some frequent and severe adverse effects.
Are Xanax and Ambien the same thing?
There are a lot of peoples who doubt Ambien and Xanax. These both are prescription medications but not for the same purpose.
Some Significant differences between Xanax and Ambien:
Trade & kind of drug:
- Xanax is the brand name of Alprazolam which is a short-acting benzodiazepine.
- Ambien is the brand name of Zolpidem which is a non-benzodiazepine sedative and hypnotic.
- Xanax is a prescription medication for the management of anxiety disorder and especially for panic disorder and sometimes for nausea.
- Ambien is a drug primarily used for the short-term treatment of sleep problems.
Types and strength:
- Xanax is available in different types of colors like white, yellow, and green, etc. It is available with 0.25 mg, 0.5 mg, 1 mg, and 2&3 mg dosage of Alprazolam. Its pills and bars are available also as a scored dosage.
- Ambien comes in two colors, pink and white in a capsule form. This type of drug I available in 5 mg and 10 mg of strength. Ambien is a not scored capsule.