Xanax is a well-known anti-anxiety medication commonly used to manage anxiety disorders. One can buy Xanax online to treat both acute and chronic types of anxiety. It is a highly prescribed brand form of Alprazolam that comes from the benzodiazepine family of the drugs. Benzodiazepine is the same drug group that contains Lorazepam, Clonazepam and Diazepam.
Since it is a prescription and a schedule IV controlled substance, Xanax is approved only for limited medical purposes. In addition to Alprazolam, Xanax contains inactive ingredients like cellulose, corn starch, lactose, docusate sodium, magnesium stearate, sodium benzoate.
What are the primary uses of Xanax?
Although Xanax is beneficial in treating various medical conditions, its approved uses are limited. You can order Xanax online as a treatment for the following conditions.
- Generalized anxiety disorder;
- Social anxiety disorder or social phobia;
- Panic disorder or panic attacks;
- Relationship anxiety or separation disorder, etc.
Xanax life in different body parts;
How long this drug can stay in your body and different body parts depends on your system and its half-life. Half-life is an estimated duration in which your body eliminates the half part of the drug. The half-life of a drug can vary from one person to another, depending on their metabolism.
Xanax has an estimated half-life of 11 hours in healthy adults. In other terms, it takes nearly 11 hours for a healthy person to eliminate the dose of Xanax. However, it is crucial to note that everyone metabolizes medications differently so that the half-life will change var from one to another.
Research has shown that the half-life of Xanax can vary anywhere from 6.3 to 26.9 hours, depending on the individual’s physical strengths. Therefore, before purchasing Xanax online, you must let your pharmacist know how your system reacts to a drug.
How does our system work?
This might help you understand all about the life of Xanax inside your system. Xanax is taken orally and is readily absorbed into the bloodstream. Once accepted, you may start feeling its effects within an hour. Xanax reaches peak concentrations in the bloodstream in one to two hours following ingestion.
Note: Half-life never means the elimination of the next half dose will also take the same time. The total drug will take up to four half-lives to fully release your body.
In order to detect Alprazolam in your different body parts, including urine, professionals implement some tests. These tests may include;
Blood test: Blood levels may be done in case of treatment for a suspected overdose or as a screening test. This test can be positive if someone has taken Xanax in the last 24 hours.
Saliva test: Yes, Xanax can also be detected in saliva for 2.5 days.
Hair: As with all prescription or non-prescription drugs, Xanax can be detected in your hair for up to 2 to 3 weeks. This test can also work for up to 90 days in some cases.
Urine test: A urine drug screening will test positive for benzodiazepines like Xanax for five days and up to a week after a dose. The detection time may be even longer for people who metabolize this drug more slowly – like the elderly, obese, and alcoholics.
Factors that play a vital role in the drug detection
Your age, fat, weight, other medications, length of the treatment, dose, hydration level, etc., affect how long it takes for Xanax to be eliminated from your system. Here is a breakdown of these factors:
- Age: Your age can play a role in the half-life of Alprazolam. For example, the estimated half-life is roughly 11 hours in healthy adults, while this can be about 16 hours in senior and unhealthy adults.
- Liver disease: In people with liver disease due to alcohol consumption or other health conditions have a more challenging time breaking down the drug in their bodies. This can increase the Xanax half-life by 8 to 9 hours, and the new duration might be 20 hours.
- Alcohol: The combination of Alcohol and Xanax is risky and may become dangerous in some situations. Alcohol can enhance the impacts of Xanax, and the time it takes for Alprazolam to leave your system.
- Ethnicity: Researches show that individuals of Asian descent take longer than Caucasians to excrete the drug from their body. The half-life of this medication is about 15% to 25% higher in Asian residents.
Certain other factors like body weight and the duration of the treatment can also affect how long Xanax can stay in your system.
In the bottom line of our blog, we will say only one thing, “it can vary.” Everything regarding Xanax, including its life in your system, varies from one person to another. Although if we talk about the estimated data, Xanax can be detected in your urine for up to 5 days.
This is all about the Xanax life in your system. For more information regarding the drug, please feel free to contact us.